[asterisk-dev] Working in useful examples in sample config (changed topic)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Dec 18 02:34:45 CST 2009

17 dec 2009 kl. 21.31 skrev John Todd:

> Should a more full-fledged Freenum
> example set exist in the sip.conf file and in extensions.conf?

Just to give you a specific anwer to this question: No. But...

I think we should stop trying to merge all kinds of examples in the sample configuration and open up a subdirectory with configuration snippets for this kind of stuff, and propably move a lot of stuff into that directory. The sample configuration should be a sample, a template. Now it's a little bit of everything you can do mixed with documentation, which is wrong. We should separate the documentation part into docs and make the sample config a bit more simple to work with and understand - and make it just what the name implies, a sample.

Just my 10 öre.

/O