[asterisk-dev] Asterisk and multiple SIP registrations to thesame host

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Dec 16 09:08:07 CST 2009

16 dec 2009 kl. 16.00 skrev Nick Lewis:

>> Which I have code for since many years. It's the famous type=service.
> Please let's have it in trunk now or use

Well, I strongly think we should work on this architecture. Hopefully I'll get some time for it during christmas. Or funding from someone in the community to prioritize the whole matching issue.

We have two issues on the top of the list:

- Match registrations with a specific peer - not on ip.
- Match peers beyond the sip proxy - on the via received header.

I want to remove the user and the peer for good and do this right once and for all, after speaking about it for almost five years. Just patching the peer and register stuff like we've done (look at the poor syntax for register= today) doesn't work any more, and we're heading for another long-term-release hopefully. It's high time.

/O