[asterisk-dev] Working in useful examples... and freenum/e.164 dialing in extensions.conf.example

Wed Dec 16 08:22:49 CST 2009

Philip A. Prindeville schrieb:
> I've recently decided to spend idle cycles while waiting for various
> Astlinux platform builds to complete on making the contents of
> asterisk/config a little more complete, a little more useful, a
> little more real-world...
>
> I started looking at the possibility of taking JTodd's ISN Freenum
> cookbook example and updating it:
>
> http://freenum.org/cookbook/#ASTERISK_CONFIG
>
> but ran into some problems having to do with the following:  we use
> SIP handsets in house, and those operate in the redfish-solutions.com
> domain... but anonymous SIP (freenum) calls coming in off the
> internet would also be in the same domain.  I can't figure out how to
> separate calls in the same domain (but from different endpoints) in
> two different contexts.

Are you using different contexts? Usually, for your local attached SIP
handsets, you have in sip.conf one peer/friend definition per SIP
device, and use the context= option to handle calls from these devices.

Further, the sip.conf has a context defined in the general section -
this one will be used for the unauthenticated incoming ENUM calls:

e.g. sip.conf:
[general]
context=fromInternet
[ext001]
type=peer
context=fromLocalSipPhone
[ext002]
type=peer
context=fromLocalSipPhone

then in extensions.conf you have (pseudo-code):

[toPstn]
exten => 00........Dial(DAHDI.....)

[toLocalSipPhones]
exten => 001,1,Dial(SIP/ext001)