[asterisk-dev] TDMOE protocol

Dulip Ravindra duliprb2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 00:38:46 CST 2009

This new process was designed to
increase the efficiency of TDMoE allowing for high-density telephony
applications. protocol can be applicable to
other physical layers.

TDM interfaces uses zaptel or dahdi drivers. to break up their serial stream in to chunks (frames) that represent
channels. These channels are in turn brought in to IP enabled PBX for the
telephony operators usage.

for example in E1 line it has 32 channels and can be use 30 channels through one E1 by using one physical line.E1 is the popular in ASIA /EUROPE and thease countries.