[asterisk-dev] app_meetme call for testing: Roll call, eject all, mute all, record in-conf

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sat Dec 5 10:46:04 CST 2009

Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>>   Is there any chance that you could also write your patches for
>> app_confbridge so that people can start to treat app_meetme as a
>> second-choice conferencing tool?
>>

> We also have to remember the fact that a lot of implementations use app_meetme as a very flexible call bridge. These users won't go from app_meetme to confbridge, they will start using the new bridging platform.

Perhaps.  However, the new bridging platform is just a C API.  The only
place it is exposed for usage is the ConfBridge application.  ConfBridge
is architecturally superior to MeetMe.  John's point is that the sooner
we can migrate the ability to have feature X, Y, and Z with ConfBridge,
the sooner ConfBridge becomes a replacement instead of an alternative to
MeetMe.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software