[asterisk-dev] Meetme AMI actions

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Dec 3 03:35:46 CST 2009

3 dec 2009 kl. 10.11 skrev Nick Lewis:

>> I'd suggest that the response contain the same fields as
>> the CLI commands 'meetme list <conf>' or 'meetme list
>> <conf> concise'
>
> There seems to be much commonality in the requirements of AMI and CLI
> requests. Responses in both cases are either tabular or detailed i.e.
>
> param-name param-name param-name ...
> para-value para-value para-value ...
> para-value para-value para-value ...
> para-value para-value para-value ...
>
> or
>
> param-name para-value
> param-name para-value
> param-name para-value
> param-name para-value
> param-name para-value
>
> For new data structures could we have a standard way of
> defining the parameters to be output that applies to both
> AMI and CLI and then postprocess the result to provide
> the applicable formatting?
>
> _
The requirements are quite different. In the CLI, we have a limit on numbers on characters per row, which limits the amount of data we can show. In manager, we can easily add everything that's available and useful. The problem is always determining the "usefulness" of something. Regardless, it's always easy to add data to AMI. It will not break applications to do that, where changing a few characters or adding a field in the middle of the CLI output breaks a lot of parsers out there.

The goal here is to create enough manager actions so that no one will have to parse any CLI output any more.

/O