[asterisk-dev] SIP URI checking in chan_sip.c

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Dec 1 00:45:46 CST 2009

1 dec 2009 kl. 01.37 skrev Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson:

> is nonexistent. Asterisk happily accepts URLs with invalid characters in
> them, even in pedantic mode (that one takes care of %xx hex
> substitutions only), and eventually leaks handles and crashes because of
> that. See my previous message <4B138244.8070000 at adaptiveai.com> "Failure
> on multiple malformed SIP URI".
What's you bug report # ?

> Questions:
>
> 1. Why the pedantic mode exists at all, and is even off by default
> (non-RFC compliant SIP handling)?
History mostly. It was the first thing I removed when I forked the sip channel twice...

> 2. Is that a problem that needs to be fixed? Am I missing anything? Yes
> crash is a problem, but how exactly that should be fixed:
>  - non-compiant URLs rejected, or
>  - non-compliant URLS accepted and digested without crashing?
We should reject it with an error message.
I can't find out from your mail what type of SIP message that causes this, but I'm eager to know so that we can handle this with some speed.

Regards,
/O