[asterisk-dev] Announce: chan_datacard

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Mon Aug 31 19:16:07 CDT 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 4:40 PM, Artem Makhutov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 02:53:58PM -0400, John Todd wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 30, 2009, at 5:44 PM, Artem Makhutov wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have just finished the first beta of chan_datacard:
>>>
>>> https://www.makhutov.org/svn/chan_datacard/
>>>
>>> Chan_datacard can be used to place and receive voice calls using
>>> Huawei voice-enabled datacards.
>>>
>>> All comments are welcome.
>>>
>>> Regards, Artem
>>
>> Artem -
>>   Are you considering submitting this code in such a way that it
>> might be included in the Asterisk main distributions?
>
> Yes, this would be pretty nice.
>
> What are the requirement to get it included?
>
>> It looks very interesting.
>
> Yes, It is :) And a lot of thanks goes to the guys that made
> chan_mobile,
> so I could use it as a good starting point for chan_mobile.
>
>> Also, it seems that the README is a bit incomplete, and
>> may not give people the full understanding of some of the commands -
>> maybe you could make that more complete with all the different
>> features/commands/variables?
>
> I had not much time to write a good README so I have just written
> some basic
> stuff to get it up and running for some tests.
>
> I will update the README and also want to write something about it at
> voip-info.org as soon I have solved the last issues with
> chan_datacard.
>
> Regards, Artem

Artem -
   You can get an account on the issue tracker (https://issues.asterisk.org/signup_page.php
) then you'd need to complete a contributor license (it's on the same
system) and then just create a new ticket with your code.

   Of course, once it's in the system and the license is complete,
there would need to be reasonable testing of the code to ensure that
it works as expected.  The more people you can have test it and (just
as important) have them put their comments in the ticket, the faster
it will be added to either the main TRUNK or to the "addons" directory.

   I look forward to seeing this channel driver widely distributed!
As mentioned, you might want to take a look at what some of the other
people are doing on similiar drivers - perhaps there is a generic way
to extend this so that more devices are supported.

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/