[asterisk-dev] Queue Auto-Answer

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Mon Aug 31 02:50:23 CDT 2009

On Friday 28 August 2009 20:37:47 Mark Michelson wrote:
> João Castilho wrote:
> > I found this patch  by Alex Hermann in the Asterisk mailing list, a
> > try it with the recommended 1.4.21 version and whih 1.4.25.1 and
> > doesn't work.
> > There a way, to have queue auto-answer, like this patch promissed?
> > Or there is a way to have auto-answer on-demand, with out the
> > softphone require a SIP Header like call-info?

The patch has nothing to do with letting a phone auto-answer a call. It makes
it possible for Asterisk to answer the call _only_ when queue entry is
successful.

> <patch snipped>
>
> What's wrong with
>
> exten => blah,1,Answer
> exten => blah,n,Queue(foo)

For me, I don't want the call answered unless I'm sure it will enter the
queue, ie there are agents logged in, queue isn't full. The patch makes that
possible as the queue will answer the call.

--
Alex Hermann