[asterisk-dev] QoS channel stats - definition and export

Fri Aug 28 11:53:50 CDT 2009

Hi!

I recently discovered that RTP has lots of QoS stats (CHANNEL(qos,...)).
I have not found a detailed definition how they are calculated. Does it
use a standardized calculation? (which one?)

Further, are the stats a snapshot of a certain past interval (e.g. last
10 seconds) or are they since the creation of the channel?

Further, I want to export the channel-stats to get live-QoS data out of
Asterisk. I played around fetching the current values via AMI and it
works, but of course that does not scale.

Is there a method to mass-export the channel qos-stats? If not, any
suggestions how this can be implemented (e.g. res_qos which traverses
over all channels (e.g. every 10 seconds) and write to data to
disk/database)?

Thanks
Klaus