[asterisk-dev] Note from my tests - reinvites crashes asterisk 1.4 again

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Aug 28 09:41:03 CDT 2009

Friends,

While being happy over the good results from my Asterisk Dragster
tests, I forgot the bad part.

The test was very simple - I looped a call around three Asterisk
servers, a lab I've been running in many trainings.  Server one calls
100 in server two that calls 101 in server three that calls 102 in
server one - up to a certain level where a server answers.

For a long time, this worked with canreinvites in 1.4. This time,
having reinvites turned on caused really bad things to happen. Ghost
calls, calls to phones that wasn't involved - all AFTER hangup of the
original call. It was no fun and I had to end it all with a kill -9.

This means that the recent fixes for 491 replies in 1.4 is broken and
needs further work. If I get some time, I'll try to set up a
controlled lab with a few laptops and try to trace what happens and
open an issue with traces. Hopefully, someone on the list with some
spare time can test yourself and report.

Maybe we can discuss this on a developer call? Well, I forgot, we
haven't got those any more. Darn.

Take a note of it and try to test, keep an eye of the reinvites so we
can kill all these issues once and for all.

Have a nice weekend!

/O