[asterisk-dev] No unique identifier for CDR

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Thu Aug 27 12:41:15 CDT 2009

Nick,

You might take a look at the CDR generator proposal I've written, I cover
the uniqueID issues in there, I think, to your satisfaction, so channels,
call trees, and individual CDR's can all be uniquely referenced via DB
queries.
Guids, and multi-system unique ID's are also discussed.

Right now, I'm in negotiations with sverre in private emails, about how we
can/will frame CDRs for various transfer situations. I'm trying to fully
understand his needs.

The prototype proposal still needs work, but the current issue is fetchable
from subversion, at: http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/murf/RFCs

There are PDF and source .doc files in that dir.

I would LOVE to get more input. The more ways of looking at it, the better
the final result. Basically, for all those for whom "Simple CDRs" are simply
not workable, I need to understand the variety of different usages, to
better
formulate a generic mechanism that will service everyone. I'd love to get
paid
to do it, it would definitely go faster that way, but that's another
discussion!

murf

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Nick Lewis <Nick.Lewis at atltelecom.com>wrote:

> >Is that really a problem, though?  There was no suggestion that the OP
> needed
> >the ID prior to the record being posted, just that he needed a unique
> ID per
> >record.
>
> Needed in dial plan at same time as cdr posted e.g.
>
> Exten => s,n,StopMixMonitor()
> exten => s,n,ResetCDR(w)
> exten => s,n,MixMonitor(call${CDR(linkedid)}part${CDR(seq)}.wav)
>
> OP

> This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet
> delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
> Disclaimer of Liability
> ATL Telecom Ltd shall not be held liable for any improper or incorrect use
> of the  information described and/or contained herein and assumes no
> responsibility for anyones use  of the information. In no event shall ATL
> Telecom Ltd be liable for any direct, indirect,  incidental, special,
> exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to,
>  procurement or substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits;
> or business  interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability,
> whether in contract, strict  liability, or tort (including negligence or
> otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of  this system, even if
> advised of the possibility of such damage.
>
> Registered Office: ATL Telecom Ltd, Fountain Lane, St. Mellons Cardiff, CF3
> 0FB
> Registered in Wales Number 4335781
>
> All goods and services supplied by ATL Telecom Ltd are supplied subject to
> ATL Telecom Ltd standard terms and conditions, available upon request.

Steve Murphy
ParseTree Corp