[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.6.1 branch and deprecated "call-limit" setting in sip.conf / device state / hints

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Aug 27 09:19:53 CDT 2009

27 aug 2009 kl. 16.16 skrev Jared Smith:

> On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 17:09 +0200, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> Check the new "callcounter" option.
>>
>> ;callcounter = yes              ; Enable call counters on devices.
>> This can be set per
>>                                 ; device too.
>>

> Would it be worth updating the UPGRADE.txt and sip.conf.sample files
> reflect that?

I copied that from sip.conf.sample :-)

But yes, adding it to UPGRADE.txt would propably make a lot of people
happy.

And we should propably remove the text about the deprecation, since it
won't happen regardless.
We can just rewrite the text saying that we recommend using
callcounter if you just want device states.

/O