[asterisk-dev] Asterisk project changes Music-On-Hold provider

Faidon Liambotis paravoid at debian.org
Tue Aug 18 20:39:20 CDT 2009

Asterisk Development Team wrote:
> the Asterisk project has changed providers for Music-On-Hold (MOH)
Wow, this is very cool (at least from a licensing PoV, I haven't
listened at the sounds yet). Great, thanks!

It'd be even better if you (or we?) could ask the copyright authors to
relicense to Creative Commons 3.0. Several problems exist on 2.5 that
have been rectified on 3.0 after feedback from the Debian Project among
others.

That means that, unfortunately, CC 2.5 is not suitable for inclusion in
Debian's main repository :( But the intent is there, I don't expect the
copyright authors to object to a 3.0 "upgrade".

Thanks,
Faidon