[asterisk-dev] Retrieve current channel from inside ARA driver method ...

Mauro Sergio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Mon Aug 17 13:10:00 CDT 2009

It seems I was not very happy on my example given that the channel won't
be present and/or usefull on "config_load_func" and "realtime_update"
methods.

Anyway, what I would like to know is how open is Asterisk's code base
decision board to suggestions like this?
I mean, not exactly like this because I agree is there some wrong points
on my suggestion.

The point is: Is it possible to get some patch sent to you guys and see
it applied if it's somehow replicable (even when it doen't aid to
current implementations) ?
For example: a patch to add the channel to methods of realtime
responsible for retrive the dialplan information can be usefull for
other people that decides to make their own proprietary drivers like us,
while this change don't demand any kind of test and/or validation on
drivers already created that will only disrespect this new parameter.

I'm asking this question because we use to contribute with other
open-source projects here and we try to always validate the possibility
to get some patch applied when we see that it can be usefull to other
people, on a effort to keep our codes as similar as possible to the
original ones to facilitate new patch creation and submission.

Thanks again for everything and best regards,
Mauro.

--
__At.,
   _

*Technology and Quality on Information*
Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas
+ mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br <mailto:@tqi.com.br>
: www.tqi.com.br <http://www.tqi.com.br>
( + 55 (34)3291-1700
( + 55 (34)9971-2572