[asterisk-dev] Compiling app_cbmysql for asterisk 1.6.2

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Tue Aug 11 19:01:31 CDT 2009

Dan Austin escribio':
> Alex wrote:
>
>>> The bulk of the logic/code in the module is MySQL related, with very
>>> minimal Asterisk API calls.  The primary reason I have not updated the
>>> app to compile for 1.6 is that the scheduling features (and a few
>>> enhancements) have been merged into app_meetme.
>>>
>>> Is there a problem with using the scheduling features in app_meetme?
>>> What is driving the desire to continue to use app_cbmysql?
>>>

>> Essentially, we want a drop-in replacement for app_cbmysql that works
>> under 1.6.x and continues to use the MySQL tables that were created for
>> Asterisk 1.4.x. We have a couple of web-based tools that use the cbmysql
>> tables and they should continue to work when upgrading to Asterisk 1.6.x.
>>

> That I understand.  When I submitted the scheduling features patch for
> app_meetme I included the ability to customize the column names that
> the realtime engine would use.  That was shot down, and a number of the
> column names I used for web-meetme/app_cbmysql were vetoed.
>
> I do have a small script that will alter the column names to work with
> 1.6 Asterisk, and it will be included with WMM 4.0.  If you have other tools
> Built around the existing tables and column names, I can understand not wanting
> to go down that road.
>
> If you want to send me a copy of your modified app_cbmysql.c I can review it
> and see if anything stands out.

Here it is. The code just compiles correctly, but I am still trying to
set up an actual test. Some points I know will need work:
- Reloading is set up to fail, since I did not (yet) check what should
happen in order to make the module update the configuration without
unloading and reloading itself.
- By comparing cdr_addon_mysql from asterisk-addons 1.4.9 and 1.6.2.0, I
see that many (but not all) static pointers to character strings have
been replaced with struct ast_str * . What is the difference between
using this struct type and using a plain char * ?

--
perl -e '$x=2.3;printf("%.0f + %.0f = %.0f\n",$x,$x,$x+$x);'