[asterisk-dev] About chan_mobile

Odicha odicha at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 11 12:16:42 CDT 2009

Hi.

Take a look at something like that I have done.
It's for Huawei voice usb modems
It's in beta stage yet, for testing in 1.4.x branch
It works fine on Huawei E169/K3520 modems (the only voice modems I own)

you have it at
http://asterisk-es-rsp.irontec.com/svn/team/Odicha/unstable/chan_sebi/

Now it supports voice and sms services (tested with 4 modems at time).
It has early media working fine, CID detection and a good audio quality (no
digital/analog conversion).

ToDo.
Sms support for standard serial devices (analog FCTs for example...).
Better modem detection routines.

Voice for standard mobiles not in mind because generally they don't support
audio in serial/usb channel. So get audio through and audio card iy's a
dirty solution and you can only have one channel at time.
Using USB modems with voice capabilities the only limit is USB channel (in
2.0 not problem at all for working with 4 or 5 devices at time) (I don't
have more modems for stress testing...). And they are inexpensive at now. It
could be like "X100P" of mobile channels.

Best Regards