[asterisk-dev] A question about the Asterisk hangup process with SS7 signalling

tian tian00di00 at live.com
Tue Aug 11 07:18:00 CDT 2009

Hi, guys!

I have a question about the hang up process of Asterisk PBX, especially that
related to LIBSS7. I tried to read the source code of chan_dahdi.c, but I
noticed that with SS7 signaling, when a call is to be hung up (i.e., when a
REL is received from the far end), no hang up functions are called
explicitly. I hope someone will kindly give me some description about the
hang up process of the Asterisk when SS7 is used,  any reference is also
welcome. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Tian