[asterisk-dev] Analog Lines Answer, busy, etc... supervision.

Jose Hector Galimberti jompigrande at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:38:28 CDT 2009

Hi all people, i'm trying to modify main/dsp.c code so POTS lines can detect
answer, busy, supervision.. That for argentina.

I saw that there is a Brazil modification, I think that this may not work
properly, just because argentina uses 425HZ for all signaling, but varies in
cadence, I mean the time that turns on and off that frequency.

case PROG_MODE_CR:

                     if (hz[HZ_425] > TONE_MIN_THRESH * TONE_THRESH) {

                             newstate = DSP_TONE_STATE_RINGING;

                     } else if (dsp->genergy > TONE_MIN_THRESH *
TONE_THRESH) {

                             newstate = DSP_TONE_STATE_TALKING;

                     } else

                             newstate = DSP_TONE_STATE_SILENCE;

                     break;

I saw that this code, gives me rings in the case that I call a busy number.

I have a basic knowledge of coding, but I think that I can modify the above
code to work properly for argentina, I just want to know how to work with
timing inside that code..}

I saw timings in other parts of the same archive, for example:

enum busy_detect {

        BUSY_PERCENT = 10,      /*!< The percentage difference between the
two last silence peri

        BUSY_PAT_PERCENT = 7,   /*!< The percentage difference between
measured and actual patte

        BUSY_THRESHOLD = 100,   /*!< Max number of ms difference between max
and min times in bu

        BUSY_MIN = 75,          /*!< Busy must be at least 80 ms in
half-cadence */

        BUSY_MAX =3100          /*!< Busy can't be longer than 3100 ms in
half-cadence */

};

But I don't see that this part relates to the another..

Just for the record when I put progzone=br on dahdhi, busydetect=yes stoped
work..

THANKS!