[asterisk-dev] ast_channel_free

Johann Steinwendtner steinwendtner at gmx.net
Mon Aug 10 10:51:41 CDT 2009

Hello !

I 'm chasing down an iax problem on 1.6.0.10 where I sometimes get
a lot of "I should not be called" from iax2_read. After about 30
seconds of these messages, asterisk reboots.
I 've decided to hangup the faulty call by returning NULL instead
of a null-frame in iax2_read. (see issue #8286)
Unfortunatley, this caused an immediate crash.
in the logs I found:

ERROR[5784] channel.c: Unable to find channel in list to free. Assuming it has already been done.

This message is from ast_channel_free (channel.c)

My question: If the above error occurs, should we continue with ast_free_channel or just
return ? Otherwise, AST_RWLIST_UNLOCK would be superfluous in this case.

Thanks.

Regards

Hans