[asterisk-dev] ChanSpy Trouble

Matt D. calcop at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 10:18:05 CDT 2009

Good Morning Everyone,
I have taken a break from developing with Asterisk until recently. I have
recently started a project using Asterisk. In a nutshell this is what is
happening:

   - User calls the system up and logins in.
   - User enters in telephone #1 and telephone #2 at the appropriate
   prompts.
   - A call file is generated and placed in the outgoing spool.
   - The user is then placed into the ChanSpy function for a preset group
   id.
   - Asterisk actives the call file and dials telephone #1 (the one to
   chanspy on) and then dials telephone #2.
   - Both outbound calls are picked up.

Everything is running smooth. Upon connection of the first telephone call,
ChanSpy announces that it is connected to the IAX trunk. I can then hear
everything telephone #1 and telephone #2 does and say with absolutely no
delay. Works like a charm.

Now, here is my problem; I can't whisper to telephone #1. Nothing is getting
though. I am calling chanspy as: ChanSpy(,wg(${user_spy_serial})).
'user_spy_serial' is just the users login number, which is passed in the
call file as the group id for the spy.

Now, last week when I first started the project the whisper worked, however
was delayed five to ten seconds (this is all done on a local network). One
call it worked just fine. Now -- no whisper at all.

The only difference I have made since the chanspy was delayed was upgrade to
version 1.4.26. What am I missing here? Should I not use call files? If not,
how do I canspy then dial out the two numbers without the call file? What is
causing me to successfully activate ChanSpy with both the whisper and group
flags and hear everything, but not whisper?

I would appreciate any pointers!

Thank You,

--
-Matt D.

TrustKey: 9d6e97607a12a2aaf01c787296c2e8f3