[asterisk-dev] SIP users authentication ...

Mauro Sergio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Fri Aug 7 15:58:30 CDT 2009

Hello there!

I was having a look on alternative ways to handle SIP users
authentication other than local/static and through ARA when I found
ticket "https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=5424".
Unfortunately this ticket was put on hold since 2007.

I found other people with similar needs than mine, that is a way to make
Asterisk use external means (mostly some sort of server) to authenticate
SIP users, and it seems that it could be usefull to IAX users as well.

The question is: Why has this ticket got abandoned? Not enough people
interested? Not enough people/time available to handle it?

Thanks and best regards,

--
__At.,
   _

*Technology and Quality on Information*
Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas
+ mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br <mailto:@tqi.com.br>
: www.tqi.com.br <http://www.tqi.com.br>
( + 55 (34)3291-1700
( + 55 (34)9971-2572