[asterisk-dev] gentoo linux problems with dahdi-tools-2.2.0

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Aug 2 06:10:37 CDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 01:01:51AM -0700, Randall Degges wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is my first time posting to the asterisk mailing list, so please
> forgive me if I'm not following proper procedure.
>
> Since that is out of the way, here's what is happening. I've got a fresh
> install of gentoo (amd64) running here at my home, and I'm trying to get the
> latest asterisk 1.6.1.1 installed on it with dahdi (for the dahdi dummy,
> mainly). I compiled and installed asterisk-1.6.1.1, as well as
> dahdi-linux-2.2.0.2 just fine. When I run ./configure on dahdi-tools-2.2.0
> everthing works fine as well (here is a pastebin of my ./configure:
> http://pastebin.com/m60d158c5). The problem is when I actually try to build
> dahdi-tools using make, I get several errors, all coming from sethdlc.c.
> Here's the output of my 'make' for dahdi-tools (
> http://pastebin.com/m1098d5f6). I did some googling, and found that this is
> a bug with gentoo which has already been addressed in the gentoo bug list:
> https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=13439 . However, in that thread, I
> see no fix for the problem. I tried adding the following code to the
> sethdlc.c file beneath the includes:

For starters:

sethdlc is used if you want to use TDM channels to make a network
interface. This is a rather uncommen use. It also requires some extra
support in the kernel.

So the first question is: does your kernel actually support it? If it
doesn't, the configure script should be fixed not to attempt to build
it.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com