[asterisk-dev] gentoo linux problems with dahdi-tools-2.2.0

Randall Degges randall at trixbox.org
Sun Aug 2 03:01:51 CDT 2009

Hi all,

This is my first time posting to the asterisk mailing list, so please
forgive me if I'm not following proper procedure.

Since that is out of the way, here's what is happening. I've got a fresh
install of gentoo (amd64) running here at my home, and I'm trying to get the
latest asterisk 1.6.1.1 installed on it with dahdi (for the dahdi dummy,
mainly). I compiled and installed asterisk-1.6.1.1, as well as
dahdi-linux-2.2.0.2 just fine. When I run ./configure on dahdi-tools-2.2.0
everthing works fine as well (here is a pastebin of my ./configure:
http://pastebin.com/m60d158c5). The problem is when I actually try to build
dahdi-tools using make, I get several errors, all coming from sethdlc.c.
Here's the output of my 'make' for dahdi-tools (
http://pastebin.com/m1098d5f6). I did some googling, and found that this is
a bug with gentoo which has already been addressed in the gentoo bug list:
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=13439 . However, in that thread, I
see no fix for the problem. I tried adding the following code to the
sethdlc.c file beneath the includes:

#if !defined(ifreq)
#define ifreq __kernel_ifreq
#endif

But that doesn't seem to help, I just get other errors referencing
__kernel_ifreq instead of ifreq (which doesn't really help me).

Basically, from what I've read, this seems to be a problem with the linux
if.h file. I'd like to get this working, so I'm hoping some of you guys can
help me out with a fix or share some other information that you may have on
the topic.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I've done my best to google this
thing, but can't seem to find any resolutions yet.

Thanks for your time. You guys have done a great job with asterisk 1.6, I
truly enjoy using it.

-Randall

--
Randall Degges