[asterisk-dev] 16khz wav files

asterisk at ntplx.net asterisk at ntplx.net
Thu Apr 30 14:54:30 CDT 2009

I was trying to get format_wav to work for both 8 and 16 khz files
automatically (at least for reading). I found that asterisk does not
check the format type returned by the file read and just assumes that
it is the same as the original handler when it opened the file.

Why was the patch from bug ID 0013657 removed from asterisk 1.6?

When my auto format read did not work I ended up re-writing almost the
same code as the patch already in the bug tracker (except I used the
same wav_open handler and checked the format type to select the frequency).
I also named file extension "wav16" because "Wav" and "WAV" and "wav" are
the same on some systems.

Any thoughts as to re-adding this 16khz wav file code back into trunk?
Or any ideas how to get 8/16khz wav files to work based on the frequency
stored in the file header?

The reason for this is greater use of 16khz audio in VoIP systems.
Currently I am using G.722 with 16khz promps, MOH, and TTS applications.

--

Andrew Lindh