[asterisk-dev] Capturing SIP 4xx cause in Out Call CDR

Deepak Mittal dmittal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 12:52:30 CDT 2009

Hi,

I am looking at suggestions to capture the HangupCause (SIP specific
Response Code) in the CDR that is specifically generated for a FAILED call
when using an out call file to a SIP extension. Many older posts seem to
suggest that this is not captured and perhaps the best possible way is to
capture the REASON, however due to the level of detailing that we are
looking to capture, I am seeking advice to do this by modifying the code.

May I request the dev community to please suggest the best place where this
could be done in the code specifically for SIP outcalls.

Thanks in advance

Deepak Mittal