[asterisk-dev] Google Summer of Code 2009

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Apr 23 16:56:14 CDT 2009

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 01:56:13PM -0700, Steve Edwards wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
>>> tail -n1 -f /var/log/asterisk/whatever | your filter here
>> It never occurred to me to use -n and -f together, but this doesn't achieve
>> the "start GRE" and "stop GRE" features.
>
> That, and all others are implemented in [your filter here]
>
> Now all we need is for someone to implement this '[your' command.

That's not possible if the messages themselves do not contain all of the
information that you would want to filter on.  For example, many
messages do not have the channel name.  Also, if they do have some
channel ID, it comes in quite a few different formats.

However, inside of Asterisk, we can infer what channel(s) the message is
related to based on what thread the message is being generated from, as
channels have a thread that owns them.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead