[asterisk-dev] dahdi kernel panic on shutdown

Justin Killen jkillen at allamericanasphalt.com
Thu Apr 23 15:08:46 CDT 2009

I have an asterisk server with an 8 port analog card from digium.  This
server is setup to reboot once a week (yes, I know that is excessive,
but that's what the policy is).  This has worked fine for about a year
and a half or so.  Then, about 4 weeks ago, the server started to kernel
panic on shutdown.  I was using dadhi 2.1.0.3 and upgraded to 2.1.0.4
hoping to resolve the issue, but it is still happening.

Here is some version info:

Linux kernel version 2.6.23.17-88.fc7 (redhat fedora core 7)

Asterisk 1.4.22.1

Dahdi 2.1.0.4

Kernel Panic info:

EIP: [<f8b3e9b3>] dahdi_ec_chunk+0x172/0x1ac [dahdi] SS:ESP
0068:c07a6f34

Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt

Here are a few links to pictures of the screen at the time of panic
(please excuse the quality, they're from a cell phone):

http://www.allamericanasphalt.com/tophalf.jpg

http://www.allamericanasphalt.com/bottomhalf.jpg

I thought it best to ask the community before calling Digium - any help
would be appreciated.

-Justin