[asterisk-dev] MeetMe, setting MEETMEUNIQUEID

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Apr 23 04:32:35 CDT 2009

In article <49EDFFFE.6020501 at gmail.com>,
Grigoriy Puzankin <gpuzankin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In Asterisk 1.6.0.6 I noticed that after the first member has entered
> into meetme conference MEETMEUNIQUEID variable is set to the uniqueid of
> the first member. Even when the first member left the conference
> MEETMEUNIQUEID still points to his uniqueid for the new members joining
> the conference.
>
> Is it supposed to be so? I would expect to see the uniqueid of the
> pseudo channel, which is the "base" of meetme conference.
>
> So the change would be in app_meetme.c:
>
>         pbx_builtin_setvar_helper(chan, "MEETMEUNIQUEID", conf->uniqueid);
>         pbx_builtin_setvar_helper(chan, "MEETMEUNIQUEID",
> conf->chan->uniqueid);

The value of MEETMEUNIQUEID is not intended to be used to find the original
channel whose Unique ID it contains. It is just an opaque value that will
be common to all calls that participate in that conference, so that they
can easily be related to each other. The unique ID of the creating channel
was just a convenient value to use. The unique ID of the pseudo channel
would be just as good, but no better, IMHO.

Cheers
Tony

--
Tony Mountifield