[asterisk-dev] How to get to 10.000 open calls

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Apr 22 02:19:23 CDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 02:48:11AM -0400, Venefax wrote:
> I am using 1.6.2 and directrtp=yes. I need to scale to 10.000 open calls on
> a box with 1288 GB or RAM and 16 Cores. Is there any modification to the
> source code that would be obvious, any bottlenecks? I will never to
> transcoding and the media should, theoretically, flow outside. I have 15 IP
> addresses already configured in the same box, on two different nics, to
> spread the interrupts. Is this a dream or will this work with some tweaking?

Do you have the system now?

While it's most likely be a dream, identifying the current bottlenecks
might  be useful :-)

Just a few uneducated guesses of my own:

* More than one IP per NIC won't help and only cause some administrative
  issues
* I'm not sure how much the extra memory can help. I suspect htat if you
  boot the system with mem=<whatever_needed_for_16GB> the results won't
  differ greatly
* It would also be interesting to see how the results scale with various
  values numbers of cores. This is again something you can set at boot
  (numcpus=N). I wonder just how far from linear it will be.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com