[asterisk-dev] streamfile reference counting debug

Paul Albrecht albrecht at glccom.com
Mon Apr 20 14:55:48 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm maintaining an asterisk module, a hacked appconference, which I've
migrated to asterisk 1.6. Since I've updated the module, I've noticed
the conference application fails after running for some time because it
has reached the process limit for open file descriptors. It appears that
the module burns a file descriptor whenever a sound is played to a
conference member.

Specifically, when the module plays a sound to a conference member, it
opens the sound file, processes the file for that member, and then
closes the file. I can see the file is still open after the module
finishes playing the sound and closes the file by listing open file
descriptors with this command: "lsof -c asterisk." I also see that the
object count is incremented by one when I do "astobj2 show stats" at the
asterisk command line.

How can I debug this problem?

--
Paul Albrecht