[asterisk-dev] app_voicemail.c

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Apr 16 11:24:41 CDT 2009

Jim Capp wrote:

>     You are, of course, assuming that app_voicemail is compiled as a
> module.  When it is compiled as part of the asterisk binary, however,
> the little nasty rears its ugly head.

app_voicemail is always compiled as a separate compilation unit by our
build system, whether it is being embedded into the Asterisk binary or
not. The only methods that I am aware of that would allow GCC to
override the non-static scope of that variable would be the
-fwhole-program and -fvisibility options, which would also generally
require the app_voicemail source code be compiled in the *same*
compilation unit as the rest of Asterisk.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com