[asterisk-dev] 2 callers id needed on the originate command

Stephen Coles scoles at wellpak.co.uk
Thu Apr 16 09:56:52 CDT 2009

I use the originate command from vb express like the one below to do
computer dialling however i want my phone to say there extension, and
then I want the person I'm dialling phone to say my number.

However when i set callerid to their number, my phone says the right
number but there phone says there number.  So we need two callerid one
for the local and one for the remote side.  So i can set what i want my
phone to say (local side) in callerid_local: and the number i want their
phone (remote side) to say callerid_remote:

The originate command:
	Action: Originate
	Channel: SIP/101test
	Context: default
	Exten: 8135551212
	Callerid: 3125551212
	Timeout: 30000
	Variable: var1=23|var2=24|var3=25
	ActionID: ABC45678901234567890

Proposed

The originate command:
	Action: Originate
	Channel: SIP/101test
	Context: default
	Exten: 8135551212
	Callerid_local: ComputerDial - XYZ Company <220>
	Callerid_remote: 3125551212
	Timeout: 30000
	Variable: var1=23|var2=24|var3=25
	ActionID: ABC45678901234567890

Or probably best to keep callerid and just add callerid_local to keep
compatibility with existing apps

I propose this cos i'm good at what i do, but no where near as good to
start recoding asterisk so will leave it up to the masters

Stephen Coles
IT Services
Wellpak(UK) Ltd