[asterisk-dev] Defining new section type in sip.conf - question about syntax

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Apr 15 16:04:16 CDT 2009

15 apr 2009 kl. 21.51 skrev Kevin P. Fleming:

> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
>> Just to clarify things:
>>
>> Do you think that there's any use for:
>>
>> [common](!)
>> <some stuff>
>>
>> [example.org](common)
>> type = domain
>> <domain stuff>
>>
>> [peer-example](common)
>> type = peer
>> <peer stuff>
>
> Probably not; it's doubtful that domain and peer entries will share
> any
> configuration variables, and if they do, they might not share the same
> semantics (although we'd try to avoid that).
Domain entries are more like the entries in the [general] section than
the device entries. Using the type= syntax puts it more together with
device declarations, which is wrong.

yes, macro usage was one reason to use the same config file. Good input.

As tilghman says, this is just a theoretical discussion until we have
good
examples. Let me work with it and I'll see. I have very good input,
and I
wanted the theoretical discussion to get all kinds of input, which you
happily provided me with.

Thanks!

Back to my code-cave.

/O