[asterisk-dev] ISDN Overlap dial mechanism

Paulo Garcia paulo.astdev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 14:44:46 CDT 2009

Hi,
I'd like to know if it is possible to have a scenario where Asterisk acts
like a switch "as-you-go" for ISDN calls. Let me explain better:

I have an incoming call being received by Asterisk in overlap mode. After
receiving the first information, my dialplan starts to make an outgoing call
using these first data in overlap mode as well. As the incoming side
receives more digits, Asterisk sends these digits to the outgoing call side,
until the network is "satisfied" and the call is completed.

I know it seems a user question, but my interest is in the implementation of
this mechanism. If it is possible doing this, where I can find more
information how the data is exchanged between both legs, since at this point
the outgoing leg is executing the Dial() application.

Thanks in advance

Paulo