[asterisk-dev] channel.c locking and other

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Mon Apr 13 12:49:11 CDT 2009

Russell Bryant wrote:
> If what you need to do is lock a channel and execute a task
> synchronously, then what is the benefit of queuing it up for another
> thread to do for you, when all the current thread is going to do is
> sleep until the other thread is done?

Well, I think I had this crazy idea that this could be a resolution for the
tech_pvt vs. channel lock order issue. Of course, when I actually think about
it, all I'm doing is making a potential deadlock harder to debug by enforcing
incorrect lock ordering across multiple threads. Yuck.

Mark Michelson