[asterisk-dev] Queue interface vars not available in membermacro

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Mon Apr 13 09:09:37 CDT 2009

Grigoriy Puzankin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since revision 181846 all variables are not accessible in membermacro,
> because of the following changes.
>
>   r181846 | mmichelson | 2009-03-12 16:43:51 -0500 (Thu, 12 Mar 2009) |
> 3 lines
>
>   Run the macro on the queue member's channel when he answers, not the
> caller's channel.
>

> The old functionality is broken. Should it be reverted back? Or is it
> the new way the membermacro is intended to work?
>
> --
> Grigoriy

This commit should not be reverted. It was completely incorrect to be running
the macro on the caller's channel.

I see two potential fixes for this. The easier and less invasive change is to
set the queue variables on both the caller and member channels. This way the
variables are accessible in the member macro as well as any further processing
that occurs on the caller channel after exiting the queue. The other potential
change would be to add a new option that allows for a macro to run on the
caller's channel.

The latter option would not be viable for any of the 1.6.X branches since it
requires the addition of a new feature. That being said, I will work on
implementing the first change I described. I will send an e-mail to the list
when I have it completed.

Mark Michelson