[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] mmichelson: trunk r187560 - in /trunk: channels/ configs/

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Fri Apr 10 09:23:31 CDT 2009

Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 9 apr 2009 kl. 23.06 skrev SVN commits to the Digium repositories:
>
>> Author: mmichelson
>> Date: Thu Apr  9 16:06:26 2009
>> New Revision: 187560

>> Log:
>> Add a new option, mwi_from, to sip.conf.
>>
>> This allows for you to change the From header for outgoing MWI
>> NOTIFY requests. Prior to this, the best you could do was to
>> set a callerid in the general section of sip.conf. The problem
>> was that this was used for all outbound requests, not just
>> MWI NOTIFY requests.
>
> Since we already have the vmexten= option I suggest that you use this
> as the default value (if set)
> and rename this option vmfrom= to make it a bit more logical. A tiny
> bit, but nevertheless.
>
> Thanks,
> /O

I would be willing to add an alias for the command so that vmfrom or mwi_from
may be used. In my eyes, the name mwi_from made sense because you are
configuring what to place in the From: header of MWI requests. There are other
options which refer to MWI as well, such as buggymwi and mwiexpiry. I might as
well add the ability to use mwifrom and vm_from as well so that people
don't get tripped up by the inconsistent use of underscores in sip.conf options.

I'll look more into the vmexten option, too. It seems like it would be pretty
easy to make that show up in the From header if no mwi_from or vmfrom option is
set in sip.conf.

Mark Michelson