[asterisk-dev] Reviewboard Usage Guidelines

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Thu Apr 9 13:59:26 CDT 2009

On 10:52, Thu 09 Apr 09, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have added some reviewboard usage guidelines to our doxygen
> documentation.  You can find the current version of the documentation here:
>
> http://www.asterisk.org/doxygen/trunk/Reviewboard.html
>
> One notable bit that is not in the guidelines today, but I think should
> be considered, is guidelines for when it is _required_ for code to be
> posted for review before being merged.
>
> After seeing how many bugs have been found and fixed through in depth
> code review on reviewboard before making it in to Asterisk, I am
> inclined to say that I think _all_ non-trivial changes should be put
> through reviewboard and require at least one sign off from another
> committer before being merged.
>
> What do others think about this?

If you are going to do that (or not, this issue is something I've been
wondering about from the first time you opened reviewboard) we should
think about something to make sure the patches there are submitted with
the disclaimer signed as we have now with patches on bugs.digium.com

as soon as I have a mantis account I can login to reviewboard and upload
my code. on mantis the code will be blocked as long as the disclaimer is
not approved.

Just something that I was wondering about.