[asterisk-dev] Asterisk compilation & install on different folder - segmentation fault

Serge Berney s.berney at kinonline.net
Mon Apr 6 10:27:40 CDT 2009

Hello,

I made an Asterisk compilation from source 1.6.0.6 with those parameters
:

./configure --prefix=/opt/asterisk-1 --sysconfdir=/opt/asterisk-1/etc
--localstatedir=/opt/asterisk-1/var

All compilation went well and after the "make install", all my Asterisk
files are located under "/opt/asterisk-1" folder...

I made all change on config files for path.

But now, when I try to launch Asterisk through this command :

/opt/asterisk-1/sbin/asterisk -c

Last line is "segmentation fault". I'm unable to launch application...

/opt/asterisk-1/var/run/asterisk folder is well populated by a .ctl and
a .pid file but asterisk process is not launched (check with "top"
command)...

I'm connected as root (compilation and installation was also made on
root account).

FYI: Asterisk with default folder is running well on a different server.

Someone can help me ??? Thanks in advance !

Serge BERNEY
Kin SA
www.kinonline.net <http://www.kinonline.net/>