[asterisk-dev] Did I miss an announcement

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Wed Apr 1 15:36:46 CDT 2009

On 15:17, Wed 01 Apr 09, Anthony Plack wrote:
> Looks like Digium took down http://svn.digium.com/view/
>
> Was a nice tool for those of us trying to understand the code.  Sure you have svn log and svn diff, but it makes the task of learning this code, that much harder.
>
> Is there any plans to revive this?  Didn't see any postings on the mail list about this valuable service.

It's down for now because of spider madness.
Some spiders out there just misbehave and follow links even if you tell
them not to follow them.
In this case it took down bugs.digium.com and reviewboard.digium.com
that are on the same box (all because viewvc is not that good with
memory and takes it all).

There are some plans and testprojects to seperate those services using
some sort of virtualisation so one service cannot take down the other.
Till then, it's back to the CLI svn commands.

I'm sure we'll get an email once everything is sorted.
--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?"