[asterisk-dev] SIP and using less-prior codec

Anthony Plack tony at plack.net
Wed Apr 1 11:22:54 CDT 2009

> For a showcase I need Asterisk to always signal G.729 as preferred codec
> (to receive G.729) but to always send G.711, even if the other party
> signals another codec as preferred codec.
>
> Can someone please point to the respective code in chan_sip were I can
> hard-code the used codec?

Are you talking about guests or defined channels?

As far as I know, this is a user question and not a code question because each sip definition defines separate allow/deny combinations.  So incoming definitions have deny=all,allow=g729,ulaw and outbound channels have deny=all,allow=ulaw.

More info is needed as to why this is a dev question.