[asterisk-dev] ZAP channel hang

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Sep 25 03:07:32 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 09:01:12AM -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> First, it would probably be good to ensure this is not a deadlock in Asterisk
> of some sort.  Recompile with DEBUG_THREADS, and then, when this problem
> occurs, run 'core show locks' and show the result.

As this thread has risen from the dead, I'll add a comment:

I recently needed to debug some deadlocks in chan_zap. I followed this
advice. Some threads were deadlocked. So I ran 'core show locks'. And
that command happily hung :-(

The thing that did help me to debug things was DETECT_DEADLOCKS . I
assume it has a noticable run-time overhead, and therefore may not be
always a good option in production. But it did help me there.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com