[asterisk-dev] upstart script for asterisk

Oron Peled oron.peled at xorcom.com
Thu Sep 25 01:11:24 CDT 2008

On Thursday, 25 בSeptember 2008, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Aperantly Upstart has been included in Ubuntu for quite some time and
> now in latest Fedora.
>
> http://www.netsplit.com/2008/04/12/upstart-05-job-lifecycle/ reads
>
> "Since Upstart forks and supervises its own processes, it generally
> prefers that daemons do not fork() and remain as the pid they were given
> when started."
>
> Anybody from those two distributions working on an Upstrart script for
> Asterisk?

At least in Fedora, Upstart was introduced (in F9) in backward
compatibility mode -- with the regular /etc/inittab and SysV
style init scripts.

Also, take note that upstart is currently going through significant
redesign. Assuming the new code would make it into F10 (maybe as an
update as beta has started), there would be definitely a migration
plan from the old initscripts.

Bye,

 discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                 -- Isaac Asimov