[asterisk-dev] default format for sounds

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Sep 22 08:26:28 CDT 2008

Tony  wrote:

> That would be a good starting point for a script to install the various
> formats, but not as the only native format installed.

The Digium-distributed sound files are already produced this way; every
sound file in the 'core' set (in all three languages) actually lives in
our repository in 48KHz 16-bit signed linear format, and the distributed
versions are produced from those. We never produce one compressed format
from another compressed format.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies