[asterisk-dev] Astricon: Throw the dice, give a talk

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Sat Sep 20 23:49:50 CDT 2008

Only two days until the Astricon pre-conference activities start on
Tuesday, and three days until the main conference opens up in
Phoenix!  Many of the Digium staff are on-site already, preparing the
dCAP testing facilities, getting the network ready, and sorting
through the arrangements to make the conference go smoothly.

For those of you who thought you couldn't make it, maybe it's time to
check for those last-minute airfare deals - perhaps fate is working
in your favor this week!  Maybe a friend or fellow Asterisk traveller
can share a room with you - ask around on IRC.

With 60 (!!) talks, there is almost certainly going to be a travel
problem of some type with one or two of our presenters which will
lead to a speaking slot being open.  With this understanding of the
random nature of things, there may be some of you who will attend who
have a pet project or talk you've got already written and have been
really interested in presenting to an audience of Asterisk-savvy
administrators, users, and business people.  Here's your chance!
Send along your talk idea to me via email, and I'll put it on the "on
deck" list of emergency fill-ins for the conference.  Please have a
fully-fleshed out talk, including slides - while I'd like to
encourage all to submit their ideas, I need a bit more detail on your
preliminary proposal due to time constraints.  So give it a try!
Maybe fate will find fortune with you.  If you're chosen as a speaker
at the last minute, dinner is on me.  :-)

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this year - old friends and
new faces as well.  Talk with you in Phoenix!

JT

--
John Todd
jtodd at digium.com        +1-256-428-6083