[asterisk-dev] Zaptel DTMF regeneration

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 09:59:21 CDT 2008

On 9/16/08, Moises Silva <moises.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> Take your time to read the code. The places I pointed out to you are
>  the correct ones, at least for detection of DTMF, the routine
>  ast_dsp_process takes care of that. If you want to see the very
>  working of the Goertzel algorithm used you could have found so by
>  checking that routine and seeing that calls dtmf_detect which does the
>  actual DTMF loop detection.
>
>  As of the audio mute, not sure what you mean?

Not sure how much this helps, but in Meetme if there is a zap channel
and an IAX or SIP channel then the IAX or SIP channel will not hear
the audio tones that the zap channel is sending, but it will be
translated into DTMF signalling out-of-band.

I do not know of any way to make the audio on the IAX/SIP channel
"hear" the true DTMF audio within a meetme conference without
completely breaking DTMF detection in there as well.

Are you using a conferencing/meetme application?

MATT---