[asterisk-dev] Some wild thoughts about logging

Johan Wilfer johan at wilfer.se
Tue Sep 9 11:02:38 CDT 2008

Russell Bryant skrev:
> Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>
>> I'd be happy to propund on The Way Things Ought To Be, if anyone who's in
>> a position to do anything about it gives a crap.  :-)
>>
> You can if you'd like, of course.  However, I think the issues are
> pretty well understood already ...
Ok, we all agree then. Actually I was hoping for a easy fix that I could
backport to my 1.4 system, but this seems to be a rather intrusive change.

I'm not that skilled in C that I could complete this patch for the
ast_verbose and ast_log myself.
How should we specify the database that should receive the information?
I guess logging.conf i logically, but how?

I would however gladly volunteer to help in the janitor project.

Arguments that would be helpful in a database (for filtering)
*) uniqueid for the call
*) time (epoch, not text)
more?

/Johan