[asterisk-dev] Please reopen bug #13409

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Thu Sep 4 19:31:54 CDT 2008

Tilghman Lesher schrieb:
> On Thursday 04 September 2008 16:36:39 Daniel Ferrer wrote:
>> I tested today 1.4.22-rc3, as I see it includes patch for issue #13409.
>>
>> This patch is causing me CDR problems, I use cdr_mysql (from addons
>> package) as backend, and in a normal call A->B, this patch causes to
>> post the CDR twice, giving me a constraint key violation (uniqueid is
>> primary key in cdr table).
>
> Well, that may be your first problem.  Uniqueid has never been guaranteed
> to be unique across all CDRs.  It is only unique across a channel, and a
> channel may have multiple CDRs.  You need to remove that primary key,
> as its existence is based upon a faulty assumption.

While that is correct you have to admit it is counterintuitive
to call it uniqueid then. Something like "unique_channel_name" or
"channel_id" or just "channel" would make it's purpose/scope much
clearer. Backwards-compatibility, I know ..

   Philipp Kempgen

--
http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de  -  http://www.the-asterisk-book.com
Amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied  ->  http://www.amooma.de