[asterisk-dev] Storing SIP Registrations in a Database

Paulo Vicentini vicentini.paulo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 08:05:41 CDT 2008

Asterisk could use database for permanent storage and besides that, Asterisk
could use memory mapped file in order to keep track of the register / user
information (hash table) and, thru some protocol, to keep this memory mapped
file in sync between the servers.
With this approach, Asterisk would access the memory locations (register /
user info)  using standard memory-access instructions , rather than
executing database API.
A kind of manager would have to handle CRUD operations in the DB to hash
table (mmap).

Paulo